Soap Carvings


Soap Carvings

Dimensions: 4.4"x1.5"x2.7 and 4.5"x3.9"x2.5"

Materials: Soap


I started out carving the lion by taking off large chunks in the areas that had a good bit of negative space, such as the back, between the legs, and under the mane.


During the process of carving, I made the mistake of carving out one of the legs too soon and it subsequently broke off. I fixed the broken leg after completing the rest of the carving.

Learning from my mistakes with the first lion, I fixed the position of the head and legs when carving the second lion.




In these photos, the lion I carved first is positioned on the left and the lion I carved second is positioned on the right.




My carving skills improved for the second lion because I learned from the mistakes I made when carving the first lion.

Comments

Popular Posts