Small Scuptures

Small Sculptures

Dimensions: Balsa wood: 11"x5"x13.3", Paper: 14"x12"x10.5"

Materials: Balsa wood, heavy paper, straight pins, masking tape, hot glue, wood glue


In Process:


These were the first two ideas I stumbled upon. 


The spider web effect in the middle of the circles and squares was created by clear packing tape on the table top, then putting the circle on top of that tape and gluing across the circle from edge to edge in different directions. I turned the circles and squares over and repeated that gluing process on the other side.


The directions above were repeated for each circle and square, then the shapes were placed on a stand of balsa wood. The stand consisted of a balsa wood base anchored down with hot glue and a small strip of balsa wood running from the base to the shape.


The second sculpture I created focused on the usage of the heavy paper. I cut strips of the paper and assembled them to create a sphere.


I made multiple paper spheres then stacked them as seen in the photo.




I then placed those spheres on a base of balsa wood assembled in a pyramid shape. I made a miniature sphere and placed it within the pyramid. 

TEXTURE: 



SPACE: 




Comments

Popular Posts