Masking Tape Shoes

Masking Tape Shoes

Materials: Masking Tape

Dimensions: 9.5" x 3" x 3"





For the paper mockup, I cut apart one of my shoes at the seams with an exacto knife. After cutting the shoes, I traced each piece onto sheets of printer paper. Those tracings were then cut out and assembled together to make the shape of the shoe.



To make the sole of the masking tape shoe, I layered masking tape until it reached the desired thickness. In order to make the insides of the sole, I rolled up masking tape to match the height of the real sole. Then, I layered more masking tape and placed it on top of the rolled tape.



The body of the shoe was made by layering masking tape to make each section of the shoe separately, then assembling them all together. The holes on the outside of the shoe were created by cutting each of them individually with an exacto knife then placing a single layer of tape over the back, since the holes in the original shoe did not go all the way through. 



The first shoe was assembled completely and compared to the original shoe to check for adjustments that were needed for the second shoe.


After making the first shoe, I realized that the connection between the body and sole of the first shoe was not accurate, so I was more careful about the assembling process when making the second shoe. 










Comments

Popular Posts